NEW NORM

It's been a strange year to say the least. 

I've been reflecting on my life as a degree student and how it has shaped the way I've experienced the past couple months. Just moments ago it was March and I was really excited to start my degree life in Arau, Perlis. I had a job before in Starbucks Drive - Thru Jalan Ampang as a partner and making my life productive. That was the time everyone haven't panicking of the COVID-19. All sudden it become really worst at early of March (my third week as a student) the volume increases drastically. I guess, I'm lucky to get myself home before MCO (Movement Control Order) starts.

I though class of 2020 is going to cancel due to the pandemic and guess here I am. 9th week of Online Distance Learning (ODL).  Switching from physical classes to online classes. Arau was really hot back then, going to class with sweat. Especially for 2.30pm classes. I really don't know how to put in words on my experience in Arau. Grateful and feel content to meet new classmates where there only 20 of us. Meeting them for 3 weeks, and I can't even remember their name or their faces. Now, we interact through calls or whatsapp for all assignments. Gosh. It is tiring. Everyday, woke up from bed and have classes at my study table from 8am to 6.30pm. 

The feelings are way different from what I expect. (So, expect less Nadh.) As we are preparing to meet all the lecturers (virtually), some of my friends couldn't access the Internet as I did. From there, I learned how to be grateful. I'm not one of them, to keep changing their number to find the Internet Plan that suit their place. I learned that this time around, I should give and take with my friends. Give helps that lessen their burden with the internet connection, take the responsibility that assigned and deliver the best as I can. 

I've kept a private journal (for this semester) to keep myself productive. I have written everything important (all regarding works given, assignment, expenses and transportation). This new norm going to be at least for 2 years to make us aware how this pandemic has change our life. From social distancing, wearing mask and keep sanitize. Need to queue really long before I can come to shopping complex. Sometimes, I decided to wake up early and get ready at the supermarket or shopping complex as early as I can. I hope everyone can take care of themselves and stay positive. This gonna be long, but it gonna be worthy. 

Comments

Popular Posts